Monday, March 20, 2006

Dr. Joy DeGruy Leary - Healing African People

I am so glad Dr. DeGruy Leary gave this lecture. She has said the same things I have been saying for many years. Click here to check out the feature on Black Britain.

We must heal the past. We must heal the internalised racism and oppression, i.e. self-hatred, that has been passed down within Black families for many generations since the enslavement of African people by Europeans began.

This is why I do the work I do. See my book, Success Strategies for Black People, for positive cultural reinforcement for Black parents and families - for all of us.
http://www.blacksuccess1.com/achieveyourgoals.htm

This is why I compiled Black Success Stories (the first in the series).
http://www.blacksuccess1.com/blacksuccessstories.htm

This is why I started the arts project commemorating the transatlantic trade in African people, looking towards the 2007 commemoration - to explore the effects of mental enslavement and to create and celebrate positive images of African people.

http://groups.msn.com/BlackBooksStuff/2007commemoration.msnw

This is why I am putting together my new project on Empowering Black Parents.

These resources are for you to learn from, enjoy and share. Our healing is in our hands. The future is in our hands.


See also: The Roots of the Atlantic Slave Trade,
2007 Commemoration,
Rendezvous of Victory

Keywords: Healing African people, Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Black history, arts, culture




No comments: